Multi instrumentalist and vocalist, specialist improvisation several styles on saxophones (Alto & Soprano) x 30 years. Guitarist, keyboards and vocalist of 25 years, boehm flute and clarinet four and 6 years – available in Glasgow and Scotland for paid gigs and sessions.
- KYOGA – Keyboards/Vocals Walsall (Jazz-Funk) 1993-1995
- AS WE ARE – Walsall (Rock/pop) 1994-1996
- BUSKING CREW (with Soweto Kinch alto sax – latin/jazz) Midlands 1992-1996
- KHALIQUE – Walsall 1994-1996
- SOUL COVERS BAND – Walsall 1995-1997
- SANGOMA/UK ZIMBA, Leeds/UK Arts centre Tour (Zimbabwean Roots) 1997-1999
- JAZZ DEP sax in Leeds 1997-2002
- SOLO VOCALS and ORIGINAL GUITAR/KEYBOARDS songs Leeds, 1997-2002
- SOME LIKE IT HOT all female LCM Jazz band @ WIM music festival Wales 2003
- MUTTON CHOPS Swing Wedding Duo (Yorkshire) 2002-2004
- SEIZE THE DAY Folk/Roots Glastonbury & SW festivals -2006
- DUO + Nick Marshall/SUNGROOVE MESSENGERS (Funk/Groove) Devon & SW festivals -2011
- SOUTH HAMS BOOGIE BAND/THE THREE RADICALS Totnes & Big Green festival (Punk/Rock) 2008-2011
- KRIS HOWE and the NOWS Totnes & Big Green Festival (Rock/Acoustic)2006-2016
- ALGI BEHRENS (original latin/funk) guest clarinet on ‘Full Circle’
- LATIN DUO Swansea (Sax & Spanish Guitarist) 2011-12
- ALL STARS SWING BAND Swansea 2011-2013
- THE ARRAN ‘B”S – SAX/KEYBOARDS Pop/Folk/Jazz Isle of Arran 2016-2019
- SOLO GIGS GUITAR & VOX (Pop/Jazz/Folk) THE WEE PUB, Edinburgh Fringe & Sandy Bells 2018
- EDINBURGH HOT CLUB GYPSY JAZZ sessions 2018-19
Having played in several mainstream bands in her twenties Fay studied jazz and improvisation at Leeds College of Music and Jazz Diploma at Wakefield College in 1998. Sitting in and playing with various jazz outfits in Leeds and simultaneously touring UK with Zimbabwean big band UK Zimba; Fay relocated to the South West and played for 2 years with Seize the Day, recording sax and backing vocals on the album ‘Tide is Turning:
After relocating from Somerset eco-village ‘Tinkers Bubble’ where Fay lived and worked whilst playing in Seize the Day; Fay moved south again to Totnes and recorded with The South Hams Boogie band and Kris Howe and the Nows 2006 – 2011:
A brief couple of years Fay played with the Swansea all female jazz swing band ” Women in Jazz All Stars” lead by Deborah Glenister Jazz Saxophonist and Composer and Jen Wilson (Jazz Pianist, Composer and historian).
Fay wrote, arranged, sang and played on her funk song ‘Believe’ she recorded with Sun Groove Messengers in 2010 and here is an example of that song and clarinet session she did for Algi Behrens:
Recently Fay has been continuing to play Saxophones, learning boehm flute Traditional Scottish/Irish styles and playing a run of solo guitar and vocal gigs at The Wee Pub, Edinburgh during the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
2019 marks a return to regular live playing for Fay moving back into swing this time gigging with Edinburgh/Glasgow gypsy swing musicians and sitting in at the Hot Club gypsy swing sessions.